How to reach Chopta – Chopta Location Distance Chart Road Route Map.
How to Reach Chopta?
Chopta is well connected with major towns and cities of Uttarakhand. How to reach Chopta - by Road, Train or Flight,and the guide below provides complete information.
Location of Chopta : Chopta is located Near Ukhimath Block Town in Rudraprayad District of Uttarakhand. Chopta is on the National Highway 107, which connect Ukhimath town to Gopeshwar or Kedarnath to Badrinath national highway. It is small region of alpine meadows and evergreen forest, which comes under Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary.
How to Reach Chopta?
Chopta is also connected from important cities of Uttarakhand state like Rishikesh/Haridwar and Dehradun and buses from Delhi IBST (Maharana Pratap Bus Station), Kasmiri Gater to the all-important destination of Uttarkhand like Rishikesh, Haridwar, Rudraprayag, and Srinagar. Buses for all these cities or towns available from Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate and some share taxi services also available from New, Delhi. Buses are note available to Chopta directly, but you can get bus till Ukhimath,and Guptkashi or Gopeshwar, all cities are near to Chopta but best to reach at Ukhimath first and then take a local taxi for Chopta.
You will get a frequent bus from Rishikesh to Rudraprayag and limited services from Rishikesh to Ukhimath ( only 3 buses for Ukhikamth from Rishikesh and they all are starts early morning hours- serves start at 4.30 am to 9 am only). You will also get buses from Haridwar to Rudraprayag but less frequently.
Reaching Chopta in Winters:During winters mainly when there is snow all around, the roads are closed just before Chopta. The roads closed mainly from 1 km to 8 km before Chopta, depending on snow. Though there are snow cutter machines to clear the roads, it is recommended to drive or reach Chopta during the daytime only. If you have hotel bookings in Chopta during winters, try to book hotels which are before Chopta station like Duggle Bittha, park the vehicle in a safe area, and then walk to reach the property.
NOTE : We suggest that if you are coming in a group of 4 to 5 person or more then book a taxi /cab from Haridwar / Rishikesh to Haridwar /Rishikesh as the taxi will be expensive a maximum of Rs 2000 for your whole trip. But you will not have to face any trouble and you can also save a lot of time.
Get in touch with our Travel Expert
Road Route to reach Chopta: Delhi – Haridwar – Rishikesh – Devprayag – Srinagar – Rudraprayag (take Kedarnath Road) – Augustmuni – Kund (take left to Ukhimath before the bridge) – Ukhimath Cut (go straight towards Chopta) – Mastura – Makku Bend (take the road towards Chopta) – Duggalbitta – Baniyakund – Chopta
Chopta by Public Transport:Chopta is not connected with any public transport from any cities of Uttarakhand. One can get public transport from Guptkashi/Ukhimath to Chopta but there is only one bus service for Chopta. You can hire taxis from Ukhimath and bus service during the time of Chardham season form Guptkashi/Ukhimath to Gopeshware (it starts from Guptkashi at 6.30 am and reached Ukhimath at 7.30 Am and get a returner from Gopeshwaer at 12.30 Pm in the afternoon and reaching Chopta station at 3.30 Pm Other than this there are few taxi services for Gopeshwar from Ukhimath but their schedule is not fixed.).
Delhi to Chopta by public transport: You can get bus till Kund (it is near about to 7km from Ukhimath and 35km from Chopta), Guptkashi from ISBT Kashmere Gate. In case you missed that bus, you can take the bus till Rudraprayag. From there you can hire a taxi to reach Chopta. Buses from Delhi ply from 8 pm to 11 pm (please check the timing with Uttarakhand Roadways)
How to reach Chopta Other than Road?
Chopta By Rail: The nearest railway station to Chopta is Haridwar situated 226 kms away. Haridwar is well connected by railway networks with major cities of India. Buses and Taxis to Chopta and Ukhimath are easily available from Rishikesh.
Chopta By Air: Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest Airport of Chopta, situated 219 kms away in Dehradun district of Uttarakhand state. The remaining journey has to be covered either in a taxi or in a bus. Taxis are easily available to Rishikesh, Rudraprayag, Ukhimath, and Chopta from Jolly Grant Airport.
- TEMP : May to June - 25℃Max/Min -15℃ & up to -10℃ in Jan & Feb.
- Best time to visit Chopta :(Sep-Jan)/(Feb-Jun).
- Chopta Situated in:Ukhimath,Rudraprayag,India.
- Recommended Stay : 4 Days and 3 Nights.
- Nearest Railways Station : Rishikesh (190km)/Haridwar(220km)
- Nearest Airport : (120km)Jolly Grant,Dehradun.
- Chopta is Famous for : Scnic beauty, Treks - Tungnath,Chandrashila,Deoriatal,Ansuyamata etc.
Do not get confused with Chopta Village (which Google shows on its map : DON'T FOLLOW GOOGLE MAP TO REACH CHOPTA), as it is not the hill station. Get details about Chopta Village vs Chopta Hill Station
Don't Follow this one - Don't Search Rishikesh/Haridwar to Chopta
Follow this one - It will reach you right Chopta
Chopta Excursion Tips/ Travel Guide
- Chopta is best for first time trekkers as well as for all age people; it should not require the high fitness level.
- Trek routs of Chopta are easy to moderate in summer and safe for family with kids.
- Trek to Chandrashila in winter due to heavy snow fall become extremely tough but good & safe for Adventure enthusiast.
- Deoria Tal trek in winter can be done with kids to enjoy the Snow. It is good for first timer to experience of a snow trek.
- Nearest ATM is at Ukhimath that is about to 25 km from Chopta. At Present few of property owners allowing guest to do digital transaction but it is better to carry cash because it is difficult to find network most of time.
- We highly suggest that while exploring Chopta on Google map please do mention the property name where you are going to stay (like - do mention Magpie Jungle Camp Chopta ) to get the location accuracy as there is one more Chopta village in the same region and often travellers get misguided because of the same.
- Nearest market is Ukhimath, one can collect essentials on the way to Chopta if one is travelling via Rudraprayag.