Get Chandrashila tour Guide, Trek Details, Trekking packages, Latest weather updates and Travel tips
Chandrashila means “Moon Rock” that is the summit of Tungnath. It is a top of Chandra Parvat, on which at the bottom Tungnath temple located. Chandrashila peak is the highest point of the Chopta region. From Chandrashila one can see the 180degree panoramic view of Great Himalaya.
Chandrashila summit is the place that takes you closest to nature and your escape, in no time, takes the shape of a memorable excursion.
Why Chandrashila Summit trek?
Chandrashila located at a height of about 4000meters or 13,000 feet above sea level. It is an easy grade trek of about to 5 km one side from Chopta. This trek also covers the Tungnath temple. Chandrashila is about to 1.5 km short gradient trek from Tungnath.
This peak provides a spectacular panoramic view of greater Himalaya that is about to 180degree and 360degree mountain views. One can visualize about to 60 plus Himalayan peaks from the summit, the main peaks are, Bandar punch, Kedar Dome, Meru, Sumer, Chaukhamba, Neel Kanth, Trishuli, Nanda Devi, etc.
Chandrashila is one of the famous and popular treks of Uttarakhand among the adventure and nature lovers as well as religious tourists that can be done throughout the year. In winter it turns adventures trek with a thick layer of snow.
It is one of the easiest and accessible trek leads you to at the height of 4000 from sea level, make it the most frequented trek of Uttarakhand.
This trek goes through the evergreen forests of deodar and rhododendron, verdant alpine meadows, and the scenic views of Himalaya and the dignified Tungnath shrine. This is the best meditational point where lord Ram too meditated and one can visit here Ganga temple.
- TEMP : May to June - 15℃Max/Min -5℃ & up to -25℃ in Jan & Feb.
- Altitude of Chandrashila: 4000 meters/ 13000 feet.
- Chandrashila Trek length: 5 Km
- Chandrashila Trek Grade: Easy in summer and Difficult in Snow.
- Best time to visit Chandrashila :(Sep-Dec.)/(March-June).
- Chandrashila Situated in : Chopta,Rudraprayag,India.
- Recommended Stay : 3 Days and 2 Nights.
- Chandrashila is Famous for : Panormic Himalayan View,Scnic beauty, Trekking,Photography,Sunset and Sun-Rise views,360℃Mountain Views.
Chandrashila Travel Guide & Tips
There are some very helpful travel tips to plan your trek to Chandrashila.
- It is an easy trek but keep in mind the trek leads you at the elevation of 400mts so, please make sure you are physically fit and do some basic prepration for a trek and follow the fitness guidelines provided by us.
- Keep in Mind it is an isolated and unpopulated place (Chopta). there is facilities like Atm, dispensary, clothing shops and other essential stores so, please do your preparation in advance before starts.
- Always hire a trained local Guide during winters or in any season if you want to know about this region deeply.
Legends about Chandrashila
IThere are various legends associated with this place. According to one of the popular legend, this is the place where Lord Rama meditated after defeating the demon-king Ravana. Another legend says that moon-god Chandra spent time here in penance.
Get in touch with our Travel Expert
Chopta -Chandrashila Tour Packages
Staying option in Chandrashila trek
Chandrashila is a summit of Chopta at the height of 4,000 meters. There is no accommodation available at the peak here, also camping is not allowed as well. Tungnath is 1.5 km below from Chandrashila where limited accommodations are available to stay a night. One can book these accommodations in advance with choptaour.com
Place to stay at Chopta and trek to Chandrashila via Tungnath.
Chandrashila Trek Food Guide
Again, one has to trek down to Tungnath for local food and that too is available when the kapat of Tungnath temple is open (May to October only), after that the food is available only in Chopta or respective hotels or camps in Chopta.
Chandrashila Weather Updates
- Best time to visit Chandrashila - Summer and Winter (Snow Trek)
- Chandrashila in Summers - Pleasant Weather in Summer - Max 20
- Chandrashila Trek in spring - It is white with violet mixed rhododendron flowring time
- In monsoon - 3 Month Rainy season - July to mid September : Green Medows small flowring Everywhere
- Chandrshila Trek in winters - One of the best Snow trekking in Uttarakhand (Min -20)
Chopta -Chandrashila News, Post / Articles
- 18 Feb 202:Monal Festival in Chopta 2020
- Winter Tungnath Trek News 2020
- Jan 6 : Third Kedar Tungnath's Devra Yatra will begin from January 10th
- Devra Yatra - Lord Tungnath reached back to Makkumath on Today-14March2020
- Tugnath's Kapat will be open on 20 May 2020
- Tungnath Ji kapat opens with first prayer offered in PM Modi’s name on - 20 May 2020
- Tungnath Ji kapat Closing date in 2020 -Know the fact
- Corona Effect on Tungnath Tourism in 2020