Ghonsla Camp Sari
Sari Village – A Perfect place for Village Tourism.
Sari Village Travel Guide - Sari Village Tourism Trekking Guide
The Sari village located at an altitude of 2000mts in Ukhimath Block of Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand state. The 3-km link road reaches you to the Sari Village from Tala, which is on the Ukhimath -Chopta road. Sari village is about to 20km before Chopta Hill Station. This Village is the base site for, who want to visit the beautiful Deoria Tal lake and one can reach Deoriyatal by 2.5km trek.
This beautiful village is surrounded by farm field from 3 sides and the fourth side with Oke and rhododendrons trees. You can find beautiful Rhododendron trees full of flowers on the trek to Deoria Tal and at Deoria Tal during spring.
Sari Village is a declared eco-tourist village by Uttarakhand government in 2006. And it has more than 10+ small hotels and home Stay here in Sari village.
The Nearest market of the Sari village is Ukhimath, which is 13km away. If you are going for Deoriatal trek then you should have kept all essential items with you and if you have forgotten to take something essentials items like medicines or cloths then you can buy them from Ukhimath Market.
Activities in Sari Village
Hiking and Trekking: There are many treks from Sari Village such as Deoraital, Rohni Bugyal via Deoraital and, Bisuri Tal Trek. Hike to Tala-mastura and Karokhi village.
Village Tourism and Birding: : One can enjoy Garhwali customs, culture and believes at Sari Village and can visit a temple and Government Pahadi School. This village is also a good for birders.
Weather in Sari Village
You can plan Sari Village thought the year but the good time to visit here from March to May and Oct to February. During the winter season this place provides great view of snow-capped Tungnath – Chopta’s mountains. You can stay here in winter if you want to do a Snow trek to Deoria Tal.
Highlights of Sari Village
- TEMP : May to June - 30℃Max/Min -15℃ & up to 0℃ in Jan & Feb.
- Altitude of Tungnath: 2000 meters/ 6561 feet.
- Sari-Deoriatal Trek length: 2.5 Km
- Sari-Deoriata Lake Trek Grade: Easy in summer and and during in winter .
- Best time to visit Sari Village :(Sep-Dec.)/(Jan,Feb,March,April,May,Jun,Oct,Nov,Dec.).
- Sari Village Situated : In Chopta,Ukhimath,Rudraprayag,India.
- Recommended Stay : 1 Night.
- Sari Village is Famous for : Village Tourism,Experiance Garhwali traditions and Culture, Base site for Deoriatal trek,and Bird Watching.
Sari Village Travel Trips
There are some very helpful travel tips if you are planning for Sari Village tour.
- Sari village has some small shops and small restaurants. The nearest market is Ukhimath of the village which is about to 13 km from village.
- Please bring all essential items with you before starts for Sari Village and if you have forgotten to take something essentials items like medicines or cloths then you can buy them from Ukhimath .
- If you do plan to interact intimately with the villagers, you should maintain a good protocol and respect their culture and their trust in you.
- Sari Village is also a base for Deoriatal – Chopta (14km Trek) trek.
- Carry cash with you as there are no ATMs at Sari Village and nearest atm is at Ukhimath that is 13km from village.
- Keep with you min. 2 liter water bottle while your are trekking to Deoriatal from Sari Village because there is no dringking water source on the route or at Deoriatal.
- Bring woolen for witer as well as light woolen for summer.
Sari-Deoriatal Tour Packages
What is Sari Village Famous For?
Sari Village is the base site of Deoria Tal Trek. Travelers visit Sari for treks, to know the Garhwali customs and culture closely. The main source of income is through trekking, and the village men accompany them as trek guides and helpers. The trekking season is all through the year so usually, they are quite busy. It’s also good for birding too.
Sari Food Guide
There are some small restaurants at the Sari and offer Indian as well as Chinese food too on demand. The best and famous cuisine of Sari village is Chausa- bhaat (Rice with bhatt / black soya daal). You can order aloo paratha, Maggi, at any time and they will serve it quickly with tasty green coriander, mint, and mustard chutney if lunch/dinner is not ready.
Get in touch with our Travel Expert
CHECK OUTHotels in Sari Village:: Camping in Deoriatal :: Deoriatal Hotels
Accommodation / Hotels in Sari Village
Sari does not have any star hotels but has many guest houses, small hotels, and some homestay with basic facilities. We associated with almost 8 hotels at Sari village and one can book any hotel/homestays according to their budget with us.
Ghonsla Camp Sari
Sunil Tourist Lodge Sari
Anjali Home Stay Sari
How to Reach Sari Village
There is no direct bus to reach Sari village from Rishikesh or Haridwar. So the best way to reach Sari is through a hired jeep/Car from Haridwar or can take a share taxi up to Ukhimath and then for Sari. It takes 6 hours to reach Sari, by your own car/hired Cab.
By Train – The nearest Railway Station is Rishikesh/Haridwar – That is about to 190km.
By Air – Jolly grant, Dehradun is the nearest airport (210km from Sari Village).
By Road – Sari is well connected by road from all major cities of Uttarakhand and it is about to 190km from Rishikesh.