Are you Planning A Trip To Chopta in Winter? Brief about Chopta weather in winter, Treks of Chopta in Winters and Why visit in Chopta in winters.
Chopta in Winter
Chopta in Winter
Chopta Station is the start point of Tunganath-Chandrashila trek and trusts us in winter this trek becomes a piece of heaven. It is good to visit Chopta during the winter season when the whole area is covered with a thick layer of snow. The mighty mountains and the blanket of snow make the whole place look like an image straight out of a fairy tale.
Why visit Chopta in Winter?
You will not find so many visitors in Chopta during winter, that's makes, the place even more pristine. The Tungnath Chandrashila trek in winter through a thick layer of snow along with desultory snowing makes it a daydreaming experience. Most of the winter days are clear and sunny, after two or three snowfalls. Chopta in winters offers astounding views of grater Himalayas and snow-covered forest.
Chopta in Winter : Tungnath - Chandrashila trek
If you are a trekking enthusiast and have good fitness, you should have to try it surely. It is comparatively easy and is a heavenly experience. In winter if you manage to reach Chandrashila Jan mid to Feb end during the winter season, then you will surely visualize the mesmerizing view of snow-covered peaks of greater Himalaya. And if weather will be clear then you can see more than 60 peaks of Himalaya and 360degree mountains view from Chandrashila
Get in touch with our Travel Expert
Chopta in winter Tips
- This place does not have electricity so we do not recommend to a family and kids or senior citizen to stay overnight in Chopta in winter if you have no experience of camping in sub-zero temperature. Better to stay in nearby places like Ukhimath and drive over to Chopta in the morning.
- If you are traveling with elders or kids, then please DO NOT ATTEMPT the Tungnath trek it in winter if the route is covered with hard snow. It might look easier to climb up but it gets super slippery while getting down.
- If you are going for trekking to Tungnath-Chandrashila, carry enough water & foods like dry fruit & start early to enjoy the trekking as it may take around 5 to 6 hrs to reach there in heavy snow. Also, carry some extra pair of socks, pain spray & pain Tab may be required.
- If you are going for trekking of Tungnath-Chandrashila, Always make sure to hire a local guide, who has a good knowledge of the trek.
- Always wear proper snow gears, while doing the Tungnath Chandrashila trek during winter to enjoy the trekking.
- There are few shops at the base from where you can rent trek boots and sticks but the boots they have would not the good quality so, please bring shoes with you or rent from Delhi or Rishikesh or hire on rent from us.
Here are some useful tours & travel tips, while you are planning to visit Chopta in winters